Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Just in case you were in a coma yesterday or lost in the woods, the NFL lockout is over! Here is a timeline of what to expect this week, including when free agency and training camps begin. Here is a list of the Patriots’ free agents and a link to the complete NFL free agents list. BC’s Mark Herzlich was rumored to be signing with Baltimore, but later tweeted that he had yet to decide on a team (sorry for the false start reporting there).
- The Patriots’ first public training camp practice will be held Thursday, but the time has yet to be released.
- The Pats have reached an agreement with rookie free agent Iowa LB Jeff Tarpinian, who projects as an ILB in the 3-4. Can we get some outside help, please?
- The Boston Herald has a short list of rookie free agent players the Pats have agreed to terms with so far.
- The Pats will conduct their physicals and strength-and-conditioning tests on Wednesday. It should be interesting to hear some of the results, as the general feeling is that players will not be in the shape they would have been in had there been no lockout.