Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, and kick off your weekend right with an early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Thinking about purchasing Madden 12? Go HERE to find out how to get it for about $15 cheaper than you’ll find it in the stores!
- What happened Friday regarding the NFL lockout and what is likely on the way this weekend? Probably not much, but I have an overview HERE.
- Peter King doesn’t get why some of the players took to the airwaves to exclaim that they were hoodwinked with the owners’ vote. It’s an interesting read.
- Getting away from the labor stuff and onto things more important in life, the NFL, New England Patriots past and present, friends, fans, and family all mourned Myra Kraft Friday in Boston. NFLPA President Kevin Mawae made a classy move today, making a single statement and noting that out of respect for the Kraft family, no further statements would be made by the NFLPA on Friday.
- NFL.com’s Bucky Brooks believes that the Patriots, and four other teams, are in the best position to be successful after the lockout is over. He also lists five teams that he feels will struggle to find success. The common thread between the unsuccessful teams is that they have a new head coach and/or an uncertain QB situation.
- Chad Ochocinco’s talking up his love to play for the Patriots again…