Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Tom Brady and Wes Welker are the second-best QB-WR tandem in the NFL? They are according to Kurt Warner and Tory Holt.
- Very sad news for the Patriots and the entire NFL- Myra Kraft, wife of Patriots owner Robert Kraft, died Wednesday after battling cancer. She was 68 years old. Reaction to Myra’s death poured in from various members of the Patriots, the NFL, and the media, mostly through Twitter. Bill Belichick issued a statement of his own and soon-to-be Patriots Hall of Famer Drew Bledsoe shared his feelings, noting that Myra was like another mother to him and other members of the Patriots past and present.
- According to Ron Borges of the Boston Herald, the NFLPA is not recommending players ask for special considerations in settling Brady v. the NFL. Hear that, Vincent Jackson and Logan Mankins?
- NFL owners will vote today on the new labor deal, which could in essence end the lockout.
- Kevin Faulk has stated that if he can’t play for the Patriots, then he’s not going to play for anybody. It will be interesting to see if the Pats re-sign him.