Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Logan Mankins and Vincent Jackson may be the ones to hold up the NFL labor agreement. As plaintiffs in the case of Brady vs the NFL, they have to agree to the settlement, and in that are requesting access to unrestricted free agency or $10 million. At least that’s the case for Jackson, as Mike Reiss reports, but we have yet to learn Mankins’ demands.
- The Vikings punter Chris Kluwe thinks Mankins and others holding up a deal are “douchebags.” Yeah, I laughed too when I read that.
- Are you a Mainer? If you are, you can enjoy a little item that Massachusetts Pats fans have had the opportunity to enjoy for years: Patriots license plates.
- The video new segment Patriots Today examines the team’s defense, including potential free agent targets.
- Paul Perillo from Patriots Football Weekly answers reader mail, while Mike Reiss does the same over at ESPN Boston.
- Ty Warren’s job may be in jeopardy? Jeff Howe from NESN.com thinks so. I think Warren would have to significantly decline in ability for that to happen. SIGNIFICANTLY.