Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- No more two-a-day practices is good for the players, but bad for coaches and fans alike.
- Just how much does Bill Belichick like OLB Jermaine Cunningham? It could be bordering on man-crush levels, according to Cunningham’s college coach, Urban Meyer. Is he poised for a break-out season?
- What game does NFL.com writer Adam Rank consider the second-best overtime game in NFL history? HINT: It involves everybody’s favorite team from New England, and probably had the Oakland Raiders and their fans yelling out something that sounds like, “Tuck!”
- NFL.com analyst Pat Kirwan takes a not-often-considered look at the free agent frenzy about to occur when the NFL CBA is completed: It’s the fact that the league office has to review and approve each contract that is agreed upon by a team and the player.
- With the lack of an offseason program, do you think rookie Nate Solder is ready to step in and start from Day One? Vote in this poll.
- Good news: Brandon “Big Bang Clock” Meriweather has been doing some intense training as we approach the end of the lockout.
- According to profootballfocus.com, Logan Mankins is the best guard in football for the third year in a row.
- We here in New England get a pretty steady dose of our football team being listed among the best on a frequent basis. Here’s a slice of humble pie reminding us that it wasn’t always so.
Follow Musket Fire on Twitter.
Tags: 1990 New England Patriots Bill Belichick Brandon Meriweather Jermaine Cunningham Logan Mankins Nate Solder New England Patriots NFL NFL CBA NFL Labor Neogtiations NFL Lockout Oakland Raiders Patriots Training Camp Tuck Rule