Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Musket Fire’s Mike Spell is fed up with the NFL lockout and makes a call out to NFL fans.
- Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees, the most recognizable plaintiffs in the players’ suit against the league, are calling on the owners to agree to what’s on the table and end the lockout.
- According to his agent, Randy Moss has a chip on his shoulder and is working out to return to the “old Randy Moss” and not the one that was bounced through three different teams last season.
- Bill Barnwell from Grantland has put together a list of the 25 Least Valuable Players in the NFL, a counter to the NFL’s Top 100 list. Current Patriot CB Darius Butler (#10) and former RB Laurence Maroney (#25) are on the list.
- The Patriots have been ranked by Forbes Magazine as the 6th-most valuable sports franchise in the world. English Premier League soccer team Machester United is ranked #1.
- ESPN Boston offers some soundbites from WR Brandon Tate HERE along with video HERE.
- Ashto12 from Pats Pulpit takes a guess at who will step up this season for the Patriots.