Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Former Patriot Mike Vrabel has retired from the NFL and will join the Ohio State coaching staff to work with linebackers.
- Vrabel’s former bosses Robert Kraft and Scott Pioli comment on Vrabel’s career HERE.
- ESPN Boston’s Mike Reiss looks at Mike Vrabel’s eligibility for the Patriots Hall of Fame.
- The major roadblock preventing a new CBA? A new rookie salary cap system, which both sides agree needs to happen, but neither side can agree on its structure. However, there is optimism that a deal will be done by the the time league meetings roll around on July 21. Here’s a possible timeline of the events following ratification of a new CBA.
- Patriots CB Devin McCourty likes what he has seen so far in rookie CB Ras-I Dowling, saying he has a good blend of size and football smarts.
- Cheerleaders! AFC South style!