Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- NFL.com’s Pat Kirwan has released a “Top Tight Ends” list, and Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski made the list. However, he is placed near the bottom of that list. Was he snubbed?
- The plaintiffs in the Tom Brady vs. NFL case were updated via a conference call on the progress of the CBA talks. There has to be a settlement/agreement in court before a new CBA can be agreed upon. You can read the latest HERE.
- ESPN Boston continues its look at potential free agent fits for the Patriots, this time looking at 49ers C/G David Baas.
- RB Danny Woodhead has signed an endorsement deal with Sketchers USA. Not bad for a guy that didn’t have an NFL team Week One last season.
- Pats Pulpit continues its player previews, looking at #95 OLB Tully Banta-Cain, and looks at the potentially lethal combination the Patriots could have at corner next season in Devin McCourty and Leigh Bodden.