Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The outside linebacker free agent spotlight wrapped up, shining down on former Cleveland Browns OLB Matt Roth.
- Continuing the free agency theme, ESPN Boston takes a look at the possible impact Ray Edwards would have on the Patriots. Just in case you missed it, here’s my take on Ray Edwards and the Patriots.
- Pats Pulpit writer Richard Hill looks at another free agent possibility, 49ers OLB Travis LaBoy, while Greg Knopping does a player preview of OLB Jermaine Cunningham.
- The Boston Herald has a good wrap-up of Jerod Mayo’s appearance on WEEI radio.
- FOX Sports has a neat poll up where fans can vote for the best player to ever play for their favorite franchise. Check it out and of course vote HERE.
- Cheerleaders!!! Straight from the AFC East…need I say more?
- Don Banks from Sports Illustrated provides the latest on the NFL lockout, saying that negotiations are “at the 5-yard line.”