Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, and start your weekend off right with an early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Boston College’s Mark Herzlich is considered the top undrafted rookie free agent in this year’s class.
- ESPN Boston continues its look at the folks who work behind the scenes to help run the Patriots, looking at Director of Football Operations Matt Caracciolo.
- QB Tom Brady has been nominated for an ESPY in the category of “Best NFL Player.”
- Former Patriots special teams ace Larry Izzo has been hired by the NY Giants to serve as their assistant special teams coach.
- Progress was made in Hull, MA towards a new CBA in the NFL, but talks will continue next week.
- Passer Rating Differential is the most important stat in football according to Cold Hard Football Facts’ Kevin J. Byrne, and he explains why.
- At the Patriots’ Official Website, Patriots Football Weekly writers Paul Perillo and Erik Scalavino debate which single player, in a dream scneario, they would like to add to the Patriots. Perillo chooses DeMarcus Ware while Scalavino chooses Larry Fitzgerald. You can vote for either of those players in the poll included in the debate, or you can vote for Adrian Peterson, Darrelle Revis, Patrick Willis, Jake Long, or “Other.”