Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, and start your weekend off right with an early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Matt Light is about to become a free agent. Where does he rank among the NFL’s best tackles? Will he return to New England? I try to answer those questions.
- Which of the Patriots’ rookie running backs will have the biggest impact this season? Read the debate and cast your vote HERE.
- Patriots safety Patrick Chung is being tabbed as the potential breakthrough player for the team this season.
- CB Devin McCourty was featured on a CBS Early Show piece on how players are handling the NFL lockout.
- NESN.com writer Jeff Howe answers readers’ questions, including which Patriots would make the best Bruins.
- CSNNE.com writer Tom E. Curran looks at the free agent frenzy about to hit the NFL once the lockout is over.
- Negotiations towards a new CBA are moving forward, though some NFL owners are resisting. They want more financial protections just in case there’s another economic downturn. (Side note: Aren’t we still in a downturn?)