Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Keith Bulluck is interested in joining the Patriots. Is he a fit in New England?
- Which Patriots offer the team the best bang for their bucks? ESPN Boston’s Mike Reiss put together a top 5 list.
- Musket Fire’s Mike Spell takes a look at the second running back drafted by the Pats, Stevan Ridley, and what he brings to the team.
- ESPN Boston passes along comments from Tedy Bruschi about hockey and general football tidbits.
- Even though BenJarvus Green-Ellis is the considered the power back of the Patriots while Danny Woodhead is a shifty back, Woodhead scored better in the broken tackles statistic.
- Adam Schefter from ESPN is reporting that labor talks between the owners and the players almost “blew up” on Wednesday when the lawyers re-entered the fray, but got back on track once the lawyers left the room. What a shock. They have been the problem since the get-go.