Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Logan Mankins and Vince Wilfork have made the NFL’s Top 100 Players of 2010, featured on the show that had players ranked 31-40. Where did they rank?
- Bill Belichick made an appearance at the Tedy Bruschi and SBLI Youth Football Camp and addressed the group of youngsters. You can see video of Belichick and Bruschi’s camp HERE.
- (Former?) Patriots RB Kevin Faulk is ranked as the second-best third down back of all time, though analyst Ross Tucker thinks he’s #1.
- CBS Sports’s Clark Judge discusses his top “sure things” of the NFL, and he includes the Patriots winning the AFC East and the Pats going 2-0 against the Buffalo Bills, as long as Tom Brady is standing.
- Check out video of an interview with QB Tom Brady and WR Wes Welker from Brady’s “Best Buddies” charity event.
- Brett Favre has said that he is definitely done with football. That’s worth reporting no matter which team you cover, for various reasons, none more so than I’m done with the Favre drama.
- We could be nearing the end of the NFL lockout! The mess could all be over by July 4th. A perfect addition to celebrating our founding!