Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, and close out your weekend right with an early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- There are just a few X’s and O’s articles left reviewing the Patriots’ Most Memorable Touchdowns of 2010. Yesterday, I looked at RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis’s first touchdown run against the Detroit Lions from Week 12. Later today, I’ll break down WR Wes Welker’s 5-yd touchdown reception against the Detroit Lions.
- Mike Reiss from ESPN Boston passes along Mel Kiper’s audit of the Patriots, which is ESPN Insider content. He also analyzes the market for guards in free agency, looking at why Logan Mankins may sign his franchise tag tender.
- LB Willie McGinest would like to come out of retirement to sign with the Patriots…for one day. McGinest would like to retire a Patriot. Would the organization do it?
- Can’t resist the Bret Lockett-Kim Kardashian rumors? Here’s the latest.
- We could be nearing the end of the NFL lockout. Reports indicate that a new CBA could be in place within the next 2-3 weeks. FINALLY!! Though I’ll believe it when I see it.