Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, and start your weekend off right with an early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- There are just a few X’s and O’s articles left reviewing the Patriots’ Most Memorable Touchdowns of 2010. Yesterday, I looked at Deion Branch’s second touchdown reception against the Detroit Lions from Week 12. Lter today I’ll break down BenJarvus Green-Ellis’s first touchdown run against the Lions.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston catches up with former Patriots offensive lineman Todd Rucci.
- Bucky Brooks from NFL.com has put together a list of five NFL back-up quarterbacks who could function well as a starter down the road. Patriots back-up Brian Hoyer is among the five on the list.
- Jeff Howe from NESN.com answers readers’ questions, including Brandon Spikes’ absence from the players-only workouts, how rookies could get playbooks, and a possible Randy Moss return to New England.
- For those following the NFL Network’s “Top 100 Players of 2010″ program that has aired the past few Sundays, or for those who haven’t, tuning in this Sunday if you’re a Pats fan. Both Logan Mankins and Vince Wilfork will be featured in 31-40 area of the countdown.