Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The look into the X’s and O’s of the Patriots’ most memorable touchdowns of 2010 is winding down, and yesterday I looked at Rob Gronkowski’s first touchdown against the Bills from Week 16. Later today, I’ll take a look at Deion Branch’s second TD against the Lions from Week 12.
- The Patriots/Packers game from Week 15 made the NFL’s Top 20 Games of 2010 list at #3.
- Patriots CEO Robert Kraft has been involved in the recent labor negotiations, and he has classified the talks as “productive,” though there is still a lot of work to be done. You can see video of Kraft discussing the labor talks by clicking HERE.
- ESPN Boston caught up with kicker Stephen Gostkowski, who missed much of last season with a quad injury. He is recovering well and has no fear of further injury.
- CBS Sports’ Pete Priscoe has put together his yearly list of the most overrated and underrated players on each NFL team, and here’s who he came up with for the Patriots:
Overrated: S Brandon Meriweather. He is a problem when it comes to coverage, yet he goes to Pro Bowls. How does that happen? He even came out on some downs.
Underrated: RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis. He’s a grinder who moves the chains. He might never be a big-play runner, but he knows how to get the tough yards.
Topics: BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Brandon Meriweather, Deion Branch, New England Patriots, NFL, NFL Labor, NFL Labor Neogtiations, NFL's Top 20 Games Of 2010, Rob Gronkowski, Robert Kraft, Stephen Gostkowski