Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- The X’s and O’s series continued with a look at Randy Moss’s one-handed touchdown grab over Darrelle Revis from Week 2. Later today, I’ll break down Danny Woodhead’s first touchdown run as a Patriot from Week 3.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston shares some random thoughts about the Pats and the NFL, including Brady’s initial thoughts on rookie LT Nate Solder, Julien Edelman taking the next step, and Kevin Faulk’s future with the Patriots.
- Jerod Mayo explains to the Boston Herald why the players workouts “exceeded expectations.”
- What about those goofy kickers? Well it turns out that punter Zoltan Mesko and kicker Stephen Gostkowski have been getting together to do some kicking game work on their own.
- LB Matt Roth, formerly of the Cleveland Browns, has indicated that he is not returning to Cleveland, who will be switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3. Roth prefers a 3-4 defense (and a winning team), which makes him a prime target for the Patriots.
- Check out a couple of pictures of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick from Brady’s Best Buddies Charity Bike Ride.
- WEEI’com’s Christopher Price examines what we have been able to learn about the 2011 New England Patriots from watching the players-only workouts at BC.