Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Yesterday, I continued the X’s and O’s series by reviewing the Law Firm’s cartwheeling touchdown against the Minnesota Vikings in Week 8. Stay tuned later today for a look at TE Rob Gronkowski’s first touchdown against the Steelers from Week 10.
- I also gave a short recap of the Patriots’ second day of private, players-only workouts led by QB Tom Brady.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston caught up with Kevin Faulk and Rob Nonkovich after the workouts. Faulk, despite being a free agent, says that he is a “Patriot for life,” while Ninkovich is glad that the team is showing camaraderie by showing up en masse for these workouts.
- Jeff Howe of NESN.com shares some post-workout thoughts from BenJarvus Green-Ellis, who’s happy to get a refresher on the plays.
- Tom E. Curran from Comcast Sports Net catches up with DL Mike Wright, who is feeling fine after missing the end of the season with post-concussion syndrome.
- Wonder how Bill Parcells would handle the lockout? The Boston Herald shares some advice from the Tuna.