Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Yesterday, I continued my X’s and O’s break down of the Patriots’ “Most Memorable Touchdowns of 2010″ with a look at Danny Woodhead’s touchdown run against the Chicago Bears from Week 14. Stay tuned later today for a look at BenJarvus Green-Ellis’s touchdown run against the Minnesota Vikings.
- Mike Spell reviewed the Patriots’ selection of RB Shane Vereen in the second round of the 2011 NFL Draft.
- Tom Brady is back in the Boston area and he’s leading players-only workouts for the first time since the NFL lockout has been in place. The first session was very well-attended and is actually focusing on football-specific work as opposed to conditioning.
- Former Patriot Tedy Bruschi has some thoughts on the Patriots’ workouts, and you can see and hear them HERE.
- Patriots owner Robert Kraft took part in some super-secret owners meeting in Chicago with Commissioner Roger Goodell. Could something be in the works (finally!) in terms of the lockout? Let’s hope it was a move towards ending this labor ridiculousness.