Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Yesterday, as part of the 2010 Most Memorable Touchdowns X’s and O’s series, I reviewed BenJarvus Green-Ellis’s first touchdown run from the Week 13 match-up against the New York Jets. Stay tuned later today for a break down of Danny Woodhead’s touchdown run from Week 14 against the Chicago Bears.
- After the NFL cancelled their annual rookie symposium due to the lockout, the NFLPA has decided to conduct a rookie symposium of their own in June.
- Patriots Football Weekly writer Paul Perillo answers fans’ emails in a Q&A piece posted at Patriots.com.
- In a similar piece that’s always a weekly must-read, ESPN Boston’s Mike Reiss responds to fans’ emails in a Q&A piece of his own.
- Steve Wyremski from Pro Football Focus conducted an interesting interview with Patriots CB Devin McCourty.
- Christopher Price of WEEI.com takes a look at a training facility down in South Florida that has become a regular spot for many current and former Patriots. He speaks with Wes Welker about training at this facility.
- Tom E. Curran of Comcast Sports Net speaks with NFL Films’ Greg Cosell about how and why Wes Welker and Deion Branch are perfect fits to the Patriots’ offensive system. He also comments on Brandon Tate and Julian Edelman.