Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Yesterday, I continued the X’s and O’s series with a look at TE Rob Gronkowski’s first career catch/touchdown. Stay tuned later today for a break down of BenJarvus Green-Ellis’s first touchdown run against the New York Jets from the Monday Night Massacre.
- Mike Reiss of ESPN Boston recaps WR Julian Edelman’s appearance on NFL Total Access, which airs on the NFL Network.
- Matt Williamson of Scouts Inc. breaks down the four tight ends on the Patriots’ roster, and has nothing but glowing remarks about what the Pats have at the position.
- Christopher Price from WEEI.com continues his look at prospective free agents, and this time looks at a familiar face: WR Donte Stallworth. Stallworth has expressed interest at returning to New England. He was last seen in these parts during the record-breaking 2007 season.
- Jeff Howe of NESN.com criticizes a list put together by FOX Sports which lists the Top 10 Most Injury-Prone NFL Players. Why criticize? Well, Tom Brady is on the list. Seriously.