Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- On a lighter note, yesterday I passed along a lookalike story of NFL players and celebrities, and Tom Brady was likened to Justin Beiber.
- Keeping on that light note, Adam Rank of NFL.com put together his own six-man “wolf pack,” a la the crew in the movie “The Hangover,” and he chooses Tom Brady to be a part of his crew. Here’s Rank’s reasoning:
“Brady has always come across as a pretty level-headed guy. But there are a couple of things working in his favor here. One, he’s good looking enough to draw women’s attention. And two, he’s married so that is good news for the single guys. We call that win-win.”
- A short while ago, I passed along a poll being conducted over at ESPN’s AFC East blog where fans could vote for their team’s “flash point,” or in other words, a major event/turning point in the franchise’s history. The results are in and fans voting the drafting of Tom Brady as the “flash point” of the Patriots franchise, with Brady’s drafting garnering 46% of the vote.
- Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez recently spoke to children in Allston about his life experiences and the need for mental counseling. It’s always a good thing when professional athletes go out into the community and work with youth.
- Christopher Price from WEEI.com looks is looking at free agent fits for the Patriots, and his most recent free agent snapshot looks at WR Brad Smith, currently of the New York Jets.
- If you’re a veteran or active member of the military, your entrance to the Hall at Patriot Place is FREE throughout Memorial Day weekend. If you haven’t been to the Hall, it’s definitely worth the trip. Thank you to all who have served and are currently serving in our nation’s military.