Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Yesterday, Musket Fire’s Salvatore Stefanile continued his look into 2012 NFL Mock Drafts.
- Last night, I examined whether DE/OLB Jermaine Cunningham was ready to take the next step.
- You can read all about the goings on at former Patriot Joe Andruzzi’s charity golf tournament HERE and HERE.
- ESPN Boston’s Mike Reiss checks in with franchised Patriots guard Logan Mankins, and you can see the video HERE.
- Speaking of Mr. Mankins, despite being in the middle of a contract dispute (again) with the team, he’s shown that doesn’t translate to his teammates. Mankins has already been in contact with first-round pick Nate Solder to answer questions and give him advice about life in the NFL.
- The Patriots may be seeing Randy Moss again, at least twice during the season. There are reports that the New York Jets are interested in bringing in Moss to add to their receiving corps.
- Comcast Sports’ Tom E. Curran looks at free agent outside linebackers, and feels that Matt Roth is the best fit for the Pats on the market. I came to the same conclusion a few weeks ago.