Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Yesterday I passed along some data supporting the case that the Patriots are the Team of the 2000’s.
- ESPN Boston’s Mike Reiss passes along some notes on Ryan Mallett, who’s staying sharp by throwing with teammates, and hinted that he may have some plans to get together with Tom Brady soon.
- Former Patriot Joe Andruzzi is hosting his third annual golf tournament to raise money in the fight against cancer. Andruzzi is a cancer survivor himself. His tournament will feature plenty of Patriots past and present. I had the chance to meet Andruzzi at an event at Gillette Stadium a couple of years ago and he’s a really nice guy.
- FOXSports.com’s Jason Whitlock gives it his best shot at trying to calm the hysteria down about the NFL lockout.
- Moss to the Patriots? Not that one…WEEI’s Christopher Price looks at the possibility of the Patriots acquiring free agent WR Santana Moss.
- The Vikings’ Ray Edwards does not want to return to Minnesota (at the moment). Edwards would certainly help boost the pass rush in New England, even if it was just in sub packages as a defensive end until he learned how to play outside linebacker.
- Keeping with the free agency theme, Tom E. Curran from Comcast Sports Net looks at interior offensive line free agents, and where the Pats may be looking in that group.