Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Yesterday, Musket Fire’s Mike Spell analyzed the second round of the Patriots’ 2011 NFL Draft.
- Last night, I discussed the Patriots who are working out together during the lockout, and why they’ve kept their workouts under wraps.
- Paul Perillo from Patriots Football Weekly takes a closer look at one of the Patriots’ fifth-round picks, TE Lee Smith.
- According to a national poll, fans are blaming the NFL owners for the current labor strife.
- Former Patriots LB Tedy Bruschi has finished his climb to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro for the Wounded Warrior Project. Check out a picture from the top of the mountain HERE.
- According to Forbes, Bill Belichick is now the highest-paid coach in pro sports, earning an estimated $7.5 million/year.
- ESPN Boston has a poll up asking fans whether they prefer the old Pat Patriot logo or the current Flying Elvis logo. Go HERE to place your vote.
- The Boston Herald’s Ian Rapoport tries out Vince Wilfork’s BBQ sauce and dry rub on some ribs. Verdict? Delicious.