Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, and the final day of the weekend with an early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Last night I looked further into sixth-round pick Markell Carter, who could be the only injection of new blood into the Patriots’ pass-rushing corps.
- The Patriots Official Website has a debate piece between Patriots Football Weekly’s Paul Perillo and Eric Scalavino, where they argue over whether the Patriots should go after a big-name pass rusher on the free agent market. You can vote for what you think the Pats should do as well.
- Speaking of free agent pass rushers, Christopher Price from WEEI.com spotlights Giants DE Matthias Kiwanuka.
- NFL.com analysts discuss which rookie QB will have the biggest NFL impact, and the Patriots’ Ryan Mallett earns the vote of three of the analysts. Michael Lombardi even discusses how Mallett may prolong Belichick’s career in New England.
- You can read about Day One of Tedy Bruschi’s climb of Mount Kilimanjaro HERE.
- Vince Wilfork is showing his team leadership (and hospitality) by hosting his fellow defensive linemen at his Florida home for some team building.