Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Face transplant recipient Mitch Hunter is a big Indianapolis Colts fan. The doctor that performed the face transplant procedure, Dr. Bohdan Pomahac, is a big Patriots fan. Both teams donated jerseys signed by their respective quarterbacks, and the doctor and patient presented each other with the jersey of their favorite team. Mitch Hunter received a signed Peyton Manning Colts jersey while Dr. Pomahac received a signed Tom Brady jersey. You can see a picture of the two HERE. It’s amazing what modern medicine can do.
- Pats DE Ty Warren is receiving his college degree today from Texas A&M. Warren talks about how important it was to receive his college degree, even giving up a $250,000 workout bonus to attend classes last spring. He also discusses why he’s poised to have a big season, in an interview with ESPN Boston that you can check out HERE.
- Check out a video clip of the McCourty twins (one of which being the Patriots’ Devin McCourty) on ESPN’s “First Take” program.
- FOXSports.com’s Adam Caplan, who’s been critical of the Patriots since the draft, discusses how the defense will be the Achilles heel of the team until they find a player who can effectively rush the passer.
- Jim Trotter of SI.com does a good job summarizing the latest labor news. The players sued the league for $707 million in TV revenue, and it appears they may have won. This labor situation seems to get uglier and uglier, and has no end in sight.