Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, and the final day of the weekend with an early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Last night, I discussed how the signs point to the Patriots focusing more on the running game with the additions of two new offensive linemen and two new running backs via the draft. I also included highlight reel clips of new Patriots Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley.
- According to ESPN Boston’s Mike Reiss, about half of the Pats’ draft picks visited Foxborough or had a private workout with the team. See who by clicking HERE.
- Check out ESPN Boston’s “Getting to Know” piece on new Patriots TE Lee Smith.
- NFL.com analyst Bucky Brooks has included the Patriots as part of his ‘A’ teams of the draft. No, they didn’t take Mr. T to help with the pass rush.
- The Patriots TV show All Access took you into the draft room during the NFL Draft to give you an inside look on how Belichick & Co. worked the phones for trades and picks. It’s a pretty interesting look into the draft room. It’s 19 minutes long. If you don’t have time to watch the show, you can go HERE to read a summary of what was learned from the show.
- Check out a video HERE of ESPN’s Sports Science crew taking a closer look at Patriots first-round pick, OT Nate Solder.