Good morning! The First Shot provides you with a healthy helping of links to the top Patriots-related stories around the internet to get your day started. Enjoy your breakfast, your coffee, put off your work (just keep an eye out for the boss), and get your early morning football fix. The links begin after the jump…
- Last night, I took a look at the Patriots’ options at outside linebacker, being that they largely neglected the position in the draft.
- If you’re looking for some gifts for mom or dad (or yourself), click on the “Shop” button in the site navigation bar for some great Patriots gear.
- Ian Rapoport from the Boston Herald continues his journey to get to know third-round pick QB Ryan Mallet. He looks at where the rumored Mallet meets the real Mallet, has Arkansas head coach Bobby Petrino break down film on Mallet, and explores why Mallet left his original college, Michigan.
- Patriots safety Bret Lockett has a rap video that, um, yeah. You can see that HERE.
- If you needed some other reason to believe that Tedy Bruschi is a bad ass, here’s one: he’s climbing Africa’s highest mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro next week. He will be joined by former Tennessee Titans head coach Jeff Fisher and former Eagles TE Chad Lewis, along with four US servicemen. It is all to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project.
- The crew on ESPN’s NFL Live show discussed the Patriots’ draft and the lack of a pick at OLB/pass rush. There’s video of that HERE.
- Cheerleaders. Need I say more?