In the spirit of Thanksgiving, the writers here at Musket Fire each put together a list of things that we are thankful for when it comes to our favorite team: the New England Patriots. With the Patriots entering the Thanksgiving showdown with the Lions at an NFL-best 8-2, there are plenty of reasons to be thankful. From the serious to the light-hearted, here is the list of what we are thankful for:
- I’m thankful for an 8-2 record up to this point.
- I’m thankful for all of the “experts” who doubted Tom Brady and his love of football during the offseason.
- I’m thankful that Bill Belichick is more involved in the defense.
- I’m thankful BenJarvus Green-Ellis was finally given an opportunity to contribute.
- I’m thankful Rex Ryan cut Danny Woodhead.
- I’m thankful for the “C’mon man!” segment on ESPN.
- I’m thankful that Peyton Manning throws interceptions when he enters Massachusetts.
- I’m thankful for timely James Sanders interceptions.
- I’m thankful for an ill tempered Le’Ron McClain.
- I’m thankful for Kris Brown’s 50-yard missed field goal.
- I’m thankful for a terrible Steelers’ secondary.
- I’m thankful for Brandon Tate kick return touchdowns to begin the second half.
- I’m thankful for an excellent offensive line to protect the best quarterback in football, Tom Brady.
- I’m thankful for Bill Belichick, the best coach in football, and his superb 2010 draft class.
- Hopefully in February I will be thankful for a 4th Super Bowl Championship in 9 years.
- Devin McCourty will be at least considered for ROY when they hand the trophy to Ndamukong Suh.
- Detroit has lost its last six Thanksgiving games by an average of 23 points.
- The Patriots are going to take it one game at a time.
- The Lions remain the lone NFL team that Brady has not thrown a TD pass against.
- The Bend don’t Break philosophy seems to be working on defense.
- The matchup of Logan Mankins versus Ndamukong Suh is going to be epic.
- Brandon Meriweather’s new hat.