After last night’s beat-down of the Pittsburgh Steelers, there’s certainly no shortage of game balls that can be handed out. The offense was efficient and effective while the defense stuffed and smothered the Steelers for most of the night. Let’s hand out some game balls to the players that shined and you can vote in a poll to determine the Player of the Game:
- QB Tom Brady: Brady’s emotional leadership was on display throughout the night and it translated to a superb on-field performance. Brady was 30 of 43 for 350 yards and 3 touchdowns, including an additional 3-yard rushing touchdown.
- TE Rob Gronkowski: After a forgettable performance last week against the Browns, Gronkowski responded with a night to remember. The rookie TE caught 5 passes for 72 yards and 3 touchdowns, and didn’t have a single drop the entire night.
- The Offensive Line: It’s hard to look at what Brady was able to do as well the running backs putting up over 100 yards against the Steelers’ defense without crediting the offensive line. Brady wasn’t sacked once and was hit only three times while the running game averaged 4.3 yards per carry.
- S James Sanders: Sanders helped establish a physical tone early with a hit (legal or illegal) on Hines Ward that knocked him out of the game, and his 4th-quarter INT returned for a touchdown helped to put the game away.
Who was the Player of the Game for the Patriots/Steelers game?
- Tom Brady (54%, 14 Votes)
- Offensive Line (27%, 7 Votes)
- Rob Gronkowski (15%, 4 Votes)
- James Sanders (4%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 26