The New England Patriots have just filled one vacant spot on their club. They announced a short while ago that Floyd Reese has come aboard to become their new senior football advisor. Who is this new person? Well he’s a veteran of the league with 31 years experience under his belt.
Here’s a look at the various jobs that he’s held since coming into the league back in the 70′s.
- Strength and conditioning coach of the Detroit Lions in 1975
- Assistant coach with the Lions from 1975-1977 (Worked with Bill Belichick for 2 seasons)
- Assistant coach with the San Francisco 49ers in 1978
- Assistant coach with the Minnesota Vikings 1979-1985
- Assistant coach with the Houston Oilers 1986-1989
- Assistant GM with the Oilers 1990-1993
- Executive VP and GM of the Oilers/Tennessee Titans 1994-2006
He will be involved with various roles for the club and it’s football operations. Included in those duties will be negotiating player contracts. Reese who has been away from the game the past two seasons, should be rested and ready to go. Some fresh blood coming into the organization is always a welcomed sight.
Welcome to the team Floyd. Good luck, and lets get ready to bring another championship back to New England. Where it belongs. Our first order of business, will be setting the game plan for the upcoming NFL Draft in April.